Sunday 18 April 2010

Vegan Breakfasts!

I love Sunday mornings on my own (or when the Mr is asleep), I can put on some old school reggae and cook up a storm!


Cinnamon Pancakes with Soy Raspberry Iceream and Pineapple!

Use a standard pancake recipe such as one found here and just smother in icecream, fruit, maple syrup, whatever you fancy! Goes really well with coffee.

Rainbow Veggie and Tofu Scramble

This is a recipe I made up myself based on several other ones I've found in books in the past. You can add elements, take away elements,

Ingredients:
2 Slices of toast
Soy "cream cheese"
1 Baby leek
1 Floret of broccoli
1 Spring onion
1 Tomato
1 Stick of celery
Tofu (as much or little as you want)
a handful of sprouting seeds (such as aduki or mung bean)
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Turmeric
Salt and pepper

Method
Cut all veg into smallish chunks.

Add the broccoli and leek to a small amount of boiling water, boil for 3 mins, then immerse into cold water to stop cooking, put to one side.

Squeeze tofu to drain excess water and crumble into a frying pan, add turmeric and soy sauce and fry for 5 mins, stirring regularly.

Add all veg (except tomato and sprouting seeds) into the pan with the tofu, and fry for another minute.

Spread the cream cheese onto the toast and cut both pieces in half, add the veg and tofu mix, add the tomato and sprouting seeds and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Playlist
No Sunday is complete without some old school reggae tunes to dance to while you cook! Here are my suggestions.

Desmond Dekker - Isrealites

Jimmy Cliff- You Can Get It If You Really Want

Toots and the Maytals - Pressure Drop

Toots and the Maytals - 54-46 Was My Number

Musial Youth - Pass The Dutchie

Dandy Livingstone - Rudy, A Message To You

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm trying to go vegetarian, so I'm going to bookmark the pancake recipe at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh cool. :) I wrote an article on helping to go/stay vegan, and it might help with the vegetarian thing? http://mookychick.co.uk/body/vegetarian/surviving-veganism.php

    hope it's of use! :) x

    ReplyDelete